I am an integrative counsellor with experience working with bereavement, alcohol and drug addiction, sexual abuse, depression, anxiety and other mental health issues.
I am fully insured and have the following qualifications:
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QFC)
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction for Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Registered Member of the BACP (Reg. MBACP)
- Member of the AIP
- Certificate in Online Mindfulness & Meditation - British Mindfulness Institute
- Certificate in Understanding Intimate Violence from an Attachment and Trauma Perspective
- Certificate in Beginning, Developing and Strengthening The Way We Work Online
- Certificate in Embodiment and The Talking Cure
- Certificate in Integrative Therapy
- Certificate in The Gift of Therapy: A Conversation with Irvin Yalom, MD
- Certificate in Telephone Counselling: working with long and short term clients
- Certificate in Introducing the social sciences
- Certificate in Introduction to counselling
- Certificate in Counselling: exploring fear and sadness
- Certificate in Losing Sleep: How psychotherapeutic techniques can help
- Certificate in UKESAD
- Certificate in Working with Developmental Trauma using the NeuroAffective Relational Model™ (NARM)
- Certificate in Attachment, Dependency and Collaboration in Therapy for Complex Developmental Trauma Disorders
- Certificate of Attendance, BACP WebCast: UKESAD 2016 UK/European Symposium on Addictive Disorders
Counselling turned my life around in a way I would have never believed. This enabled me to make a choice to give something back. I began training to become a counsellor a number of years ago, and am now a qualified independent integrative practitioner.
I am very empathic, having experienced a lot of life's issues but I have now found a way of coping have developed tools to cope with when crisis arise.
In my practice I offer you a non-judgemental and empathic space to talk freely without judgement. You will feel that you are truly being listened to. I can share my experience with you and help you live a more happy and fulfilled life.
For many years I have volunteered in a drug and alcohol charity where I treat clients battling substance addictions.
Alongside this, I have experience of volunteering in a bereavement organisation, where I dealt with clients whose loved ones had passed away in different circumstances.
I have also volunteered for a Carer's charity service in Ilford doing home counselling with many different families. Clients ranged from carers looking after elderly parents to families suffering from various mental health issues.
Seeing my clients make changes to their lives rewards me. Knowing that I can be on that journey with that client is truly a privilege for me. Any potential clients that are out there I know how you are feeling because I have walked in your shoes.
I am committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in Counselling. I abide by the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).